Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Always--Day 14

Where is the ME in Mommy

Love always perseveres.
FOR YOU:
In your journal, define what "perseveres" means to you.  Are you good a persevering?  Do you have a hard time finishing what you start?  Why?

Of all of the Biblical "love" qualities, persevering is perhaps the hardest.  I mean, it's just so easy to give up, throw in the towel and walk away.  It takes considerable more strength, discipline, and patience to fight the good fight, walk uphill, and endure.  

Pray that God would give you a spirit that is willing to love continuously--to love when it's good and to love when it's bad, to love when it is deserved and to love when it is undeserved. Pray that God gives you the heart to persevere in your love.

FOR YOUR SPOUSE
Have you ever felt like giving up on your spouse? Your marriage? Your sex life? Your "dating" life?  With your spouse, write "married" vows.  In these vows, promise to persevere in your marriage.  Share your vows.

If you want to really "walk the walk" make a date book and promise that you will, at least 10 times this year, pursue, woo, and date your spouse.

FOR YOUR KIDS
Let's be honest, sometimes I'd rather be deep-fried than play another game of tag or Candy Land.  But today, I'm going to persevere in playing with my children.  I'm going to show them I'm steadfastly interested in spending time with them.   
 

1 comment:

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)