Saturday, February 26, 2011

Days of Play: Dr. Suess's Birthday!

Prepare for Dr. Suess's March 2 birthday by engaging in some pre-birthday festivities!

Source
Start your Saturday morning off with a reading of Green Eggs and Ham.  For breakfast make some green scrambled eggs, ham, and dye white grape juice green for a very festive breakfast.

Then watch Horton Hears a Who as a family.  Popcorn optional but encouraged!

Source

Make a pencil Horton Hears a Who craft (Source: FamilyCrafts)


After movie and craft time, spend some time online. Go to Suessville.com and play a few games.

In the afternoon, do a reading of Red Fish, Blue Fish and then make a tissue paper fish (source Craftideas.info)


Of course, you can eat Goldfish crackers while you are crafting!

At the end of our day, my kids are going to clean up in a great big bath full of green water and some play Yertle the Turtles (and a book reading as well!).



Enjoy your special pre-birthday funtivities!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. Wish I had a little one around. Kinda reminds me of elementary with week of Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr Seuss. I used to have so many of his books, and still do somewhere at my grandfather's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents didn't read me Dr Seuss when I was a kid, I think he was more popular in America. But his work does sound fun and I am all for celebrating birthdays of authors.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)