Friday, January 14, 2011

{Guest Blogger} How NOT to Be Frumpy Mommy

Hello WITMIM? readers!  

My name is Natasha.  I'm a stay at home mom, living in the great white north (AKA Northern British Columbia) with my husband, daughter and dog.  I have a serious (but practical) eye for fashion.
I am so excited to be a guest blogger on WITMIM?
Being a mother is a balancing act and often, looking stylish is the last thing on a busy mom's mind.

Before my daughter was born I knew I wanted to make sure that I didn't turn into a "frumpy mommy."  

Two months after Vyla was born I started my fashion blog Required2BeInspired to give myself no other option but to dress well!  My daughter is now 15 months old, and as long as she's awake I can't get a single thing done without my house being destroyed.  

This means I have to get dressed in a hurry, or my closet will be torn apart!

I've put together three different quick outfit ideas that should work for all busy mothers using clothing pieces that most women already own.
 
This first outfit is casual wear at its finest!
Wardrobe staples:
-Plain long sleeve t-shirt
-Skinny Jeans
-Tall Boots
To keep the outfit from being boring all you have to do is add one "statement" piece (a necklace, scarf or funky belt work best--you know what Reagan says about accessories!).
This next outfit is perfect if you need to dress up, but are short on time.
Wardrobe staples:
-Neutral turtle neck
-Printed flirty skirt
- Tights to match top
-Heels or Flats
To dress up the outfit a bit more I added a statement necklace as well.
This last outfit is built around winter's best hybrid: the sweater dress!
Wardrobe staples:
-Neutral sweater dress
-Colored tights or leggings
-Boots
Give a little spice to the outfit by adding a funky scarf or a great belt.
The greatest thing about all these outfits is they all work great with heels or flats, which means you can still look great and successfully chase after your children!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Natasha for your guest blog submission!
 If you want more fashion tips, please check out Required2BeInspired.  One of my favorite parts of Natasha's blog are her DIY tutorials.  Love her looks but don't have the time (or desire) to craft and create?  No prob!  Just check out Natasha's etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. Great guest post Natasha! The first outfit is my "go to" for my mommy group - I just add a fun scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)