Friday, January 21, 2011

12 Daytz of the New Year {DIY}

Did any of you make a resolution to go on a date with your spouse at least once a month this year? 

I hope you did.

If not, it's not too late.

Many people experience the January "blahs."  If your spouse is one of them, consider whipping up a 12 Daytz of the New Year book!  Inside this book are 12 pre-planned, creative dates you can do throughout the year.

I originally got this idea from The Dating Divas.  Their idea is Christmas themed and they have awesome scrapbooky printables you can download for free if you want to do the Christmas theme.

However, if you want a neutral theme, consider making your own book of dates! It's easy and I made mine in less than thirty minutes.  I did keep my dates to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas.

What You Need:
  • cheap brag book photo album that holds 4x6 photos
  • 12x12 scrapbook paper (4 patterned pieces and 2 coordinating colors)
  • adhesive letters and numbers
  • scissors
  • glue stick
  • markers
  • shape stencils
  • ModPodge
  • Paint brush

Some of my supplies
 What You Do:

1.  Put adhesive letters on the album cover.  Modpodge and let dry.


2.  Cut 4 piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper into 6 4x6 rectangles (a total of 24 4x6 rectangles). {If you look on my "supply" picture you'll see one piece of scrapbook paper has 6, 4x6 rectangles--that's what you should cut yours out to look like.  Sorry but I forgot to take a photo of these :( }

3.  Using your shape stencils,  cut out 12 shapes to hold the month numbers.  Cut out other shapes as desired for a "layered" look.
The number 5 (for May) is attached to a black square on a white oval.
 
4.  Cut out shapes for the inside cover.  Add letters and glue ... modpodge if needed.

My inside cover. I used adhesive letters to spell out the year and then hand wrote 12 Months of Creative Dating on an oval.
 5. Put together "number" pages.  Put the month number, and a teaser on each page.  Glue.  For example, my seventh month reads: On the 7 dayt of the new year, my adventurous wife went with me ... the "date" page says "... to enjoy rides and carnies and C.F.D."

You will pretty much word your number page this way:  On the  ___ dayt of the New Year, my ____ (wife, lover ...) gave to me ....
8.  Put together date pages.  On each date page, write down a date idea.  Need some ideas, check below!

Follow the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas and have your dates end in an "e" sound.
The 10th date (October) reads: On the 10 dayt of the New Year my ghostly wife gave to me ... a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show movie.
9.  Put all of your dates into the photo sleeves and wa-la ... 12 pre-planned dates!
10.  Wrap up and give to your love for no reason.

See, January is already looking up and you are well on your way to keeping your date resolution!

Date ideas:

See the links?  That means I've already planned the date.  All you have to do is pull it together!

Go on a date where you learn to make SUSHI
Do a date CHEAPLY
Snuggle and watch a movie on a day that is RAINY
A date that is TICKLEY
Go fly a kite on a day that is WINDY
Play a game of chance that is DICEY
Go for a day road-trip and SIGHT SEE
A chance to practice your ABCs
Go to the beach (or lake) with your bikini-clad HOTTIE
Make sculptures that are ICY
Go to a store and buy let him pick out some new PANTIes
Have a themed dinner and MOVIE
Take a bath that is BUBBLEY
Play a game by the Christmas TREE
A date that was edible-ARTSY
Play a game of truth or dare that is NAUGHTY
Give massages that are OILY
Have childish fun and act like KIDDIES
Go to bed early and tell STORIES
Double date board game TOURNEY
Thirty minutes of KISSY-KISSY

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! My husband and I are trying to go on more dates together - it's so important to have time alone together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I've totally got big plans to do a weekly date night in with the husband and at least one date night out each month with him too. :)

    I love this idea...I'm going to have to brainstorm and figure out how I can make it work for Khale. :)

    Lastly, I think you should totally do a bunch of Valentines ideas. I'm ready to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)