Basically, have everyone in your family write down a few "random acts of kindness" that can be done through the holiday season. Once a week pull out a couple of the slips of paper and DO what they say.
- shovel the neighbor's side walk
- bake cookies and take to a friend
- round up old magazines (good quality) and take to a nursing home
- take unwanted, gently used toys/clothes to Goodwill
- buy a bunch of spaghetti fixin's (noodles and pasta sauce) and take to a food pantry
- buy a coffee for the person behind you
- babysit a friend's kiddos so she and her hubby can go on a date