Thursday, December 2, 2010

25/30--Scarfy Scarfy

I'm not sure if it actually counts as a super power but I do have an incredible ability:

I can secretly hone in on the last item in a store and snag it, at a great price, for myself or a loved one.

Generally this involves undressing a mannequin but I never peek.

Seriously, I can't count the number of times I've gone into a store, looked around, and said, "Where are the fair isle sweaters like the one in the window?" To which the clerk replies, "Oh, that's the last one.  And it's 20 percent off.  And it is exactly your size (or Matt's size)." 

Amazing.  I know--I've left you speechless.

Matt and I were window shopping in our mall on Black Friday and I saw a great scarf on a mannequin.  I went in to inquire.  Turns out it was the last one--and was a big discount.  Score!

Here's what I love about it:  THE COLORS!  It's gray, which is an automatic YAY for me but then it has cords of deep purple, teal, white, and hunter green.  And it is snugly.  Downside?  I learned today (thank you black pants) that this scarf sheds horribly!  Oh well, I still love it!

Here's what I wore for my last class of the semester (photos courtesy of M.E., age 4).



P.S.  Here is a close-up of my accessories; can you believe this is the work of a 4 year old?!!?  (Scarf--Maurices, Bag--Buckle, Bracelet--Target)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf! Congrats on finishing your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great scarf! Beautiful colors. And your photographer did a great job!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)