Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday's Too Clean Tip--Toilets

There are few things in life more disgusting than going into the bathroom at a gas station.  (Except, of course, having to *clean* a gas station bathroom {do they actually get cleaned???  There's today's debatable topic!}).

I try to remember that every time I have to turn my attention to the dreaded cleaning of the toilets.

Toilet cleaning--not my favorite thing.  There's instant "eww" factor every time.  But, there are some quick tricks to try make the task a little less ewwey.
Source
1.   Drop a couple of denture cleaning tablets or alka seltzer tabs into the bowl and let them fizz and work for up to an hour.

OR (don't mix the two suggestions)

2.  Pour two cups of white vinegar into the bowl and letting it sit for up to an hour.

Scrubbing should be minimal and that's about all the hope and happiness I can give you when it comes to cleaning the commode.

Well that and this ...
This disgusting potty found here but I kind of judge you if you go looking for more.
Don't you feel a little better about your bathroom now?

I may have missed my calling to be a motivator!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! That is disgusting! Cleaning the toilet isn't that big of a deal for me, my evil step-monster used to make me clean an outhouse every other weekend, so my toilet is a breeze. The only problem I have is under the rim. We have hard water and I cannot get under the rim clean enough for me! Now, I need to go clean it because I keep seeing that picture. You definitely missed your calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhh...so eating my breakfast while reading your blog wasn't a good idea this morning. :)

    But I did just notice this morning that my toilet needs some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only way to clean a toilet like that is to burn the building down. Yuck! Thank for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)