Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweet Apple Cinnamon Brie en croute

Tomorrow I'm giving the details of an Iron Chef date.

Until then, check out this recipe that is perfect for a date night or an amazing way to WOW your Thanksgiving Day guests.

You will need:
Photobucket

1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1/8 t. cinnamon
8 oz wheel/slice of brie (rind on or off--your call)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 small diced apple
1 egg, beaten

To Make:
Defrost puff pastry for about 20 minutes. Unfold.

Lay pastry on flat surface.

Place brie in center of pastry.

Top with brown sugar, apples and cinnamon.

Photobucket

Gently pull extra pastry together.

Brush with beaten egg.

Photobucket

Bake at 375' for 20+ minutes until pastry is a golden brown.

Serve with crackers and apple slices.

Photobucket

(Ok, I've re-sized these photos like crazy and the last one won't shrink.  Grrrr photobucket!)

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I always make a baked brie for parties. We've made apple and brown sugar, garlic and brown sugar, and tonight we are making a cranberry pecan baked brie for a Thanksgiving potluck. I love how people are so easily impressed by this and its like the easiest thing to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so very good. I like brie, but I hate the rind. Any suggestions for easily removing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb--I just cut mine off with a paring knife. I'm sure there are easy tips out there but I don't know any :( Sorry!

    @Wearonearth--I love brie with cranberries! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)