Thursday, November 18, 2010

{Holiday} Things I Love--Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Push play and listen while you read.



Matt and I were planning a winter wedding.

In fact, we were getting married the day after my last final from my first semester of grad school and the day after his last final from his first semester of law school (we really earned our honeymoon).

Our wedding plans went smoothly but we didn't have the music figured out.

And then I heard this song on the radio and knew it was EXACTLY what I was looking for (although my version has a boy's choir singing).

I walked down the aisle with dad to my groom to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Cannon.  I still get a bit mushy when I hear it.

A few years later, for our anniversary, Matt took me to a TSO concert.  Laser shows, incredible singing and music, and a delightful story made this the best concert I've been to.  EVER.  Seriously, it was like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas meets Aerosmith meets Fourth of July Pyrotechnics with a bit of cocoa and whipped cream. 

Source

I love TSO.  I've already broken out my CD.

Speaking of CDs, Kohl's has TSO CDs on sale for $5 and the proceeds go to Kohl's Cares.  Teacher gift?  Stocking stuffer? Secret Santa?  I think so!

2 comments:

  1. I love them so much!!! Their music plays in my house from the day after Thanksgiving through New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very similar to how we picked our wedding date. Maybe that's how we both ended up getting married on the same date!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)