Friday, November 26, 2010

Frugal Fashion Friday--Required2beInspired

I almost shuddered at doing a "frugal fashion" post on Black Friday.  After all, isn't this the day when we all cram into stores in hopes of screwing the person behind us out of the $3 DVDs?  Ah yes, frugality at its worst.  Merry Christmas.

*Sigh*

I actually like Black Friday.  I like shopping and I like crowds.

I just hate that the season of merry making starts with the nightly news re-telling the tragic story of a person being trampled to death over a video game console.

I also hate the consumer mentality--buy, buy buy.

So today, I want to introduce you to Required2BeInspired.

Canadian Cutie Natasha (a fellow 30/30er) has created several DIY fashion tutorials.

If you don't want to brave the crowds (or if you want something unique), check out some of the DIY projects on Required2BeInspired.

Some of my faves:

Embellished Scarf

Fabric Necklace
3 in1 Jacket

So if you want to be frugal and be fashionable, skip Black Friday, head over to Required2BeInspired, and get your craft on (and make me a necklace while you are at it!).

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I love Natasha's blog!! Even if she wasn't my wonderful sister in law, I'd still stop by and check her out!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)