Friday, November 12, 2010

Frugal Fashion Friday--The 3-2-1 Fashion Formula

How often do you want to throw an outfit together but you can't--because you don't know how?

I've been there.

Quite a while back I read a guest blog piece from Jill at Jillgg's Good Life For Less and I've been working her formula for roughly two months now.  It works.

Here's how it goes:

3 top + bottom + shoes
+
2 two accessories
+
1 outerwear for the season
________________________________
Functional and fashionable outfit

Here's my take using some of the "basics" in my closet.

3-Embellished top, jeans, ballet flats
2-Wide belt, orange earrings
1-Khaki trench
________________
One outfit that I like (even though I look miserable in it!)

Photobucket

3-blue T, khakis, moccasins
2-belt, gold necklace
1-blazer
____________________
An easy way to dress up a T (which I'm happy about despite what the picture shows)
Photobucket

3-Shell/Cardi, skinny jeans, rainboots
2-skinny belt, turquoise bracelet
1-puffy vest
___________________________
A cozy, fun outfit
Photobucket
(Now I just need to work on *not* looking miserable in photos).

Who knew pulling together an outfit was as easy as 3-2-1?

And by the way, you can stalk my 30/30 outfits to see that I'm working the same formula with those outfits too.  This formula is a keeper.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I think you are going to make me a stylish person eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kristen--That's exactly what I thought when I saw Jill GG post this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how outerwear suddenly makes an outfit complete and somehow more sophisticated. :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)