Monday, November 8, 2010

1/30 Slow and Easy



After an emotional four hour closet purge to find 30 items for the 30/30, I stressed all night. Why didn't I pick my red Mary Jane's? How could I NOT pick a Cowboys graphic T (my DH's biggest complaint)? Why so many neutrals?

When I got up this morning, I really had no idea what to put on. Then I decided that for my first day, since last night was soooooooooo long, I'd start off slow and easy. I mean, you can't really go wrong with a white T and jeans, can you?

Confession: I chose this linen blazer as a part of my 30/30 because I bought it at Gap for $8 and it still had its tags on (you know, MONTHS later). It looked better in the store than in my closet. I've decided that if I don't like it at the end of 30 days it will find a new home at Plato's Closet.

Today I paired the linen blazer with the long-sleeved T, with clogs, navy striped socks, a navy floral Gap scarf and a royal blue and yellow paid bangle (courtesy of the .25 bin at Goodwill).

I'm not lovin' the outfit (I feel like I took the easy way out) but it works.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Nice look, I love the clogs! Though you think it looks safe, I think you created a very good remix. :)

    Best,
    Marie

    Watch Me Dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! You always do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mrs. J--Thanks Good Re-mix picks

    @Jenny--thanks and thanks for taking the photo will my less-than-stellar camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like neutrals so I thought all your 30/30 pieces were great. :)

    And if you decide you don't want the blazer, just pass it along to me (we'll cut out Plato's because nobody likes to be the middle man).

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)