Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Song

Every couple has a song that brings about instant memories of dating, weddings, and marriage.

I've always thought you can tell a lot about a couple from "their" song.

Our song is no Shania Twain love song.  It's nothing as mushy as some Celine Dion number.  It's not as classic (or classy) as Unchained Melody.

But it's our song.

The one that makes me think of one date that didn't end until 3 a.m. because we couldn't stop talking.

The one that reminds me of the Valentine I published in our college newspaper that was so good it won a prize.

The one that makes me declare, to this day, that my heart is in Matt's little black backpack.



What's "your" song?

2 comments:

  1. Khale likes to insist that our song is "Long Black Train" by Josh Turner because when we were dating we went to the CMA music festival (a week long country concert in Nashville) and he pulled me up and started slow dancing with me to it; making it the first time we danced together as a couple.

    I, however, try to insist it should be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFz61X2PQTw&ob=av2e It's much more romantic and Josh Turner played it right after "Long Black Train" so we were still dancing...

    Our wedding song was "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our song is "Lover Lay Down" (this is NOT as suggestive as the title) by Dave Matthews. Jeff played it for me the night that I fell in love with him. We had it as our wedding song, too, which a lot of people didn't really understand.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)