Monday, October 4, 2010

If I could take it back, I would {maybe}

I'm prone to talking faster than my brain can think.  Occupational hazard.

This leads to me putting my right foot in, taking my right foot out--and I'm not talking about the hokey pokey here.  I've been known to put my foot in my mouth.  Ok, I'm famous for it.

FYI--my feet aren't this nasty.


There have been times when I've said the wrong thing at the wrong time and I've agonized for days (sometimes years) about it. (If I'm going to be perfectly honest, there have been a few times I've spoken without thinking and I *still* don't regret it).

Am I alone here?  Have you done this?

Most of the time, I wish I had some sort of magic power that could whisk be back fifteen seconds so I could bolt my mouth shut.

I've heard of other people who wish they could say what they want to say when they want to say it. And since they can't, they obsess for days over what they "should" have said.

Which are you?

The "can I take it back?" "foot in mouth" type or the "I should have said..." type?

Please share an example (you know, to make me feel better).

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)