Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Harvest Apple Skillet Dinner

Every fall my husband starts asking for the Harvest Apple Skillet.  I must admit that it isn't my favorite dish but since hubby and kids eat it like crazy (and it takes about 20 minutes to make), I don't mind making it.

What you'll need:
1 pkg of Hilshire Farms Turkey Kielbasa
1 medium yellow onion
2 apples
2 T butter
3 baked potatoes
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2-3T sugar
1 T parsley
2-3T water
salt and pepper to taste

To Make:

Cut kielbasa into roughly one inch chunks.  Put in large frying pan with 2-3 T of water.  Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.





Peel and cut the onion into 12 wedges.  Core and cut apples into 8-12 wedges, leaving the skin on.
Cube the baked potatoes (I always "bake" my potatoes in the microwave and then cut them.)



When Kielbasa is done cooking, remove it to a plate and rinse out drippings.

Put 1 T of butter into the frying pan.  Melt and add onion and apples.  Cook until apples are at the beginning stages of tender.  Remove to Kielbasa plate.

Heat remaining 1 T of butter and fry potatoes until golden. 

Meanwhile, combine cider vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper.

Return kielbasa, apples, and onions to pan.  Pour vinegar mixture into pan.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve.



This easily feeds my family of 2 adults and 2 kids. If your family is larger I suggest doubling or tripling this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)