Friday, October 29, 2010

Frugal Fashion Friday--Winter Shoes

Sarah loves shoes.

Sarah doesn't like socks.

The problem:  Wyoming likes snow.

It is nearly impossible to wear cute ballet flats in three feet of snow in Wyoming during winter and through the snowy spring.  Forget heels--that's a near death-sentence in an icy Target parking lot.  So what's a girl to wear during winter in Wyoming?  (If you answered tennis shoes--that's the wrong answer. Click here to find out why!).

Option #1--BOOTS

I'm so happy boots are in style!  Over the knee, booties, suede, leather, cowboy-style, slouchy boots ... the options are endless!  With winter days looming ahead, tuck a pair (or two) away in your closet.  You can find all of these boots at Target.  (P.S.  I have 2 great pairs of boots I found at a thrift store for under $12 each).


Option #2--Loafers, Oxfords, and Moccasins

Talk about a warm and comfy option.  You can dress these up or dress them down.  And they can be worn with bare feet or with nice trouser socks. (P.S.  I got a pair of brown moccasins from the same thrift store for $3.85.  I'm doing a happy dance just thinking about it!).


Option #3--Snow and Rain Boots

I love to wear my dressy ballet flats and heels to teach because they make me feel taller and thinner really dress up my work slacks.  What do I do when it's subzero and there's a couple feet of powder on the ground?  I tuck my shoes into my bag, wear my snow and rain boots, and change shoes in my office. (See the cute grey/pink plaid pair?  Those are the ones I own. I heart them!)

1 comment:

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)