My mom's corn chowder is a personal favorite. And taco soup is a recipe everyone loves.
A couple of weekend's ago we went to a bistro on a double date and the soup of the day was creamy tomato spinach.
It was a-maz-ing.
I almost staged a sit-in until they gave me the recipe.
Unfortunately they bribed me with Chocolate Sin cheesecake and I left satisfied--but without the recipe.
I knew I would have to try and recreate the yummy goodness. So I did.
Confession: This soup is really, really good. It's no "Jeffry's Bistro" creamy tomato spinach but it was close!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lb fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- I leek slicked thin (white and green parts)
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated