The article was written in hopes of making sure no one had expectations for marriage that were unrealistic, or heaven forbid, too high! According to the author, here's what marriage ISN'T.
- A cure for lonliness
- An escape from boredom
- A rowdy sex romp
- A means to a make-over
- An easy transition
That being said, I will say that I am way less lonely now. I'm rarely bored. We have sex often and it is awesome. I have changed for the better, because of Matt and marriage, so the difficult transition was worth it!
What I really want to know is why we spend so much time on what marriage isn't and not a lot of time on what marriage is.
- Selflessly regarding the other as more important than yourself.
- Sacrificing for the good of the whole.
- Compassionately caring for one another.
- Passionately pursuing one another.
- Persistently encouraging and supporting one another (especially on days when you don't want to).
- Romantically spending time together.
- Fighting through the hard times--together!
- Working hard to make it work.
- Sharing inside jokes, secret glances, sexy smiles, broken hearts, fears, big disappointments, and small victories.
What IS marriage to you?