Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things I Love--Twilight Saga Soundtracks

I heart all three of the Twilight Saga Soundtracks (and I don't even care if you make fun of me about it).

The Twilight soundtrack is really dark and moody and mysterious.  I can't get enough of Muse, Linkin Park, and Iron and Wine. Rob Pattinson even sings a couple of songs (and all I can say is that I think he is a better musician than actor).


The New Moon Soundtrack is a bit more up beat and adds in a folky-twist that is auditorily stimulating.  I knew I'd like New Moon soundtrack when I found out Death Cab for Cutie and The Killers were on there.  They didn't disappoint!  And I love the Sea Wolf's and Hurricane Bells' songs too.

To be honest, when the song list of Eclipse was announced I wasn't exactly impressed (except for The Dead Weather--Jack White from White Stripes?  Yes please!).  A quick listen on ITunes didn't really sell me either.  But, I took a leap and bought the soundtrack and while it isn't my favorite of the three, it's still pretty dang good.  I'm all over the Black Keys song and Sia is one of our new "sexy time" songs (too much information?  Sorry).

I know what you are thinking.  She likes Twilight stuff so obviously she likes the music but it's more than that.  Even Matt likes these soundtracks (and he'd rather scrub toilets with his own toothbrush than have anything to do with the books/movies).  Yep, they are that good.

Are you glad I just lay this random stuff out for you?

1 comment:

  1. You have to add one of that, coming up is the new album breaking dawn soundtrack.

    I kinda hate that the main thing is the song performed by bruno mars. What you think?

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)