Saturday, September 11, 2010

Days of Play--Rorschach Painting


Remember good old Rorschach?  He's the guy who had people look at black and white ink blots and tell him what they see during a phsycological evaluation.

What do you see in this photo?

I'm not going to pretend that I understand this method but I will say that making these painting with your kids is fun.

What you'll need:
  • watercolor paper
  • paints
  • smocks
What to do:
  1. Fold the paper in half.
  2. Paint on one side of the line only.
  3. Fold paper in half again pressing the blank side on top of the painted side to make a mirror image.
  4. Let dry.
  5. Discuss what you see.
  6. Embellish with fine-tip markers if you desire.

1 comment:

  1. These are fun and I love that you can make them in any colors of the season.

    That black one looks like an animal's face to me.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)