Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things I Love--School Supplies

You know that scene in You've Got Mail where Joe Fox says he'd like to send Kathleen Kelly a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils?

                                             I. 
                                                              Totally. 
                                                                                          Get. 
                                                                                                               That.


I'm not sure if it is the teacher in me (or the nerd) but I have a mad obsession with school supplies.  I love to walk up and down school supply aisles ogling mini-sharpies, lime green plastic pencil boxes, and Fiskars scissors.  Last week I caught my daughter smelling a box of Crayola crayons and the pride of such a sight nearly made me burst into tears.



Perhaps it's the realization of what those supplies are for that makes me so giddy.  I mean, a kid armed with a washable marker has so much potential--who can resist the hope of what some young artist might create with pipe cleaners and some glitter or the inspirational story that might be penned in a spiral notebook.  When we invest in school supplies, we are investing in our future.

Or maybe I've sniffed too much white glue!

Anyone else infatuated with trapper keepers, mechanical pencils, and black and white composition books?

6 comments:

  1. Me! I've really been having a hard time resisting those aisles at The Wal Marts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya! Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! School supply shopping make me happy! I always stock up when everything goes on clearance when school starts, we can never have enough glue sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah--Me too. Actually I gave in and bought some .25 crayons. Mmmmm!

    @Shelly--Solidarity!

    @Kristen--Glue sticks are the best. Wait, I actually think glitter glue is the best. No mechanical pencils. Wait, I forgot about post it notes. The giant ones ...shucks... I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for office supplies too. Even though I LOVE my laptop, I still love a fresh notebook and new pen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found some great back to school deals for school supplies. I'm pretty much done looking school supplies with the deals i found at http://www.shoplet.com/school-supplies/

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)