Thursday, August 5, 2010

Things I Love--Gold Canyon Candles

Back in the day when I met my husband (you know, when he was 19) his mom sold Gold Canyon Candles.  One way to grease the future mother-in-law is to buy her product so I did what any super poor college student would do.  I bought $20 candles.

One of the best ideas of my life!  A.  It helped build my relationship with my MIL and B.  I LOVE the candles.

My MIL stopped selling them years ago and they are still the only candle I buy.  They burn slowly, smoothly, and clear to the bottom. The come in various sizes and jars.  There are clean scents, fruity scents, floral scents, baking scents ...

I burn my candles seasonally--ginger lime, fizzy pop, orange, strawberry rhubarb pie, and grapefruit are spring/summer scents while Christmas presence, warm apple crisp, pumpkin pie, apple cider and banana bread make me feel all toasty during the fall and winter.

I'm a bit of a candle addict and I have a whole cupboard dedicated to carefully storing my candles. 

If you ever come to my home and it smells amazing, please know it is NOT me.  It's the candles.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, would like to thank your mother-in-law for introducing these fantastic inventions to you, who, in turn, got me loving them. Now, my hubby, on the other hand, probably isn't so grateful since he pays for them. I love, love, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check those out. Although, at the present moment, I really love my oil burner. :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)