Monday, July 19, 2010

My Outfit-Your Words--It's a Scarf Thing!

Okay.  So here's the deal.  I have a bit of a scarf thing.  

I like them long and short (that's what she said).  I love woven and knit.  I love color and neutrals, prints and solids, fringe and no fringe.  What can I say? Scarfs are a practical and versatile accessory.  

Anyhow, I've been crushing on a particular scarf from Gap (you can see it in a post by clicking here).  Last weekend my hubby and I had a romantic getaway to Estes Park and on the way meandered through a Gap.  Guess what?  My scarf was there and on sale for $8!  Needless to say I bought it.

Anyhow, it was a chilly sort of evening in Estes so when Matt and I went to the river walk I paired my scarf with a pair of cuffed skinny jeans, a long sleeved T, and a pair of sandals (dressing up a long sleeved T is one of my fave looks).  Cool, comfy, and casual.  





The next day I rocked my orange scarf (you've seen it here).  I wore it with a navy, deep V neck t-shrit, some cuffed boyfriend shorts and a linen coat.

Two scarves in two days? I know-- I'm obsessive.

Here's where it gets REALLY bad.  Last Wednesday this is the outfit my little girl put together. 

Ruffled dress with a brown and gold scarf.  I gotta tell ya, as a mom I was pretty stoked about this outfit.  I mean the shimmery gold in the scarf just brought out the coral dress.  *Sigh*  M.E.'s living proof that you can have a sweet and compassionate heart AND be a fashionista!


She even double wrapped it and tied it--just like momma!


Oh man, she's the sweetest thing ever!


YOUR WORDS!
What's the closet staple you can't live without?

2 comments:

  1. Wow your little girl is just so beautiful! That's too cute that she has picked up on what her mommy wears and HOW she wears it...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. I was pretty proud!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)