Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday's Too Clean Tip--Clean Tea Pot

I don't like coffee. Really. I can't stand the stuff.  The smell make me gag. Ewwwww.  On a weird side note, I do like coffee ice cream.  Once my college roommate, Ami, and I decided to make our own coffee ice cream.  Big mistake.  Huge.

Anyway, I'm not a coffee person but I do love, love, love tea!  Eons ago,For my 22nd birthday my mom and dad got me a great, expensive electric tea pot.  I love it but it is a pain in the rear to clean.  However, any tea drinker worth their salt knows that tea 1.  Can't be microwaved and 2.  Is best when properly brewed in a clean pot.  (If you are such a technical tea drinker that you think "properly" means boiled over a gas stove--pooh on you!).

It is a must to have a good, clean pot (is there a drug reference like "that's what she said"?  If so, this is a perfect time to use it--good, clean pot.  Ha ha!).  Wow--am I digressing?!

Back to the pot (!).  To clean your tea pot there are two very easy options.

  1. Put 1 cup of white vinegar into the pot.  Fill to the brim with boiling water.  Let sit overnight.  Drain.  Rinse. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Make tea.
  2. Put 4 tablespoons of baking soda into the tea pot.  Fill to the brim with boiling water.  Let sit overnight.  Drain.  Rinse. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Make tea.
There actually is a third option and that is to use a denture cleaning tab in your tea pot.  I'm too young to have denture cleaning tabs lying around so this option is really a non-option for me.

Since I'm not a coffee drinker I can't be certain but I'd bet you can use the same steps to clean out your nasty coffee carafes.

Hope your day "brews" up something spectacular.

Comment line--coffee, tea or other?  Be prepared to defend yourself.

2 comments:

  1. :sigh: I can't drink hot tea. It's totally a psychological thing b/c my Mom would always give us hot tea to drink when we were sick so as soon as I take a sip I instantly feel nauseated. Hopefully one day I'll overcome it though b/c it's so darn good for you! :)

    Question - how do you feel about frapps? Do they even count as coffee? Isn't there more ice and whipped cream in them than anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah--I won't hold it against you :)

    On Frapps--While they are mostly high calorie drinks filled with milk/cream, the base is generally coffee (though now Starbucks has cremes that can have fruit, green tea, or chai bases). I really, really, really don't like coffee so I'm not a frapp fan.

    I'll pray for you about the tea stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)