I'm not a great window cleaner but I'm working on getting better. Here are some window cleaning tips.
- Clean your windows on an over-cast day (too much sun will make the window cleaner dry too quickly. I'm sure you can guess why you shouldn't do this in the rain).
- Clean around the window. Use a paint brush to dust away excess dirt, cobwebs, and grime. On inside windows, use the vacuum. (if you don't do this, you'll make mud on your window. Sort of the opposite of clean!)
- Spray the window with a hose or wipe it down with a cloth and water from a bucket to get off the initial ickiness.
- Now, get a squeegie (like the kind at a gas station), a clean dry cloth, a wash cloth, and a bucket of cool, clean water (add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar if you choose).
- Wash the window. Using a pattern (up to down or side to side), squeegie of the water. After each stroke, dry the squeegie blade.
- Dry the window with newspaper *I'd wear rubber gloves for this or you'll get newspaper ink all over your hands.*.
- If you clean the inside and outside windows on the same day, use the same pattern (up and down for outside, side to side on the inside). That will help you know which side the streaks are on (if there are any).