Thursday, May 20, 2010

Things I love--Suspense

I love getting good news (now there's an original thought! haha!).

I recently got some good news and I can't wait to share it with you.

But not today.  Because I also love suspense.

M. Knight Shyamalan movies are some of my favorites because of how beautifully they build suspense.  They aren't scary and yet the purposeful withholding of certain information and the illusion of alternative endings promotes a delicious tension and anxiety.  Waiting is so hard and so rewarding.

So you'll have to wait to find out what my big news is.  How long do you have to wait?  A few days?  Six weeks?  Who knows?!?!

Did I win a free blog design?  Am I moving?  Throw out your ideas--I'd love to see what you mind is entertaining!

(If you are one of the few who knows what the good news is, I encourage you NOT to tell but do try to mislead my loyal readers by dropping some very plausible hypotheses of what is to come ... In this line I guess you could let the cat out of the bag because no one would likely believe you anyway ...).

10 comments:

  1. Aw, dang it. I'm too impatient for suspense. How about you tell us in an hour? Okay? Okay.

    DID you win a free blog design? Did we agree that you get halvsies of all my baked goods? Are you going on a overseas trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. You are so deserving. The only thing I ask of you is to PLEASE find out this time!!! Your drive for suspense kills others who need to know what to shop for. Can't wait...what a blessing for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah--I'll take half of all your baked goods on my overseas trip

    @Randean--Didn't you read the "I love suspense" things--why on earth would I find out! Making YOU crazy is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I definitely have NO idea, BUT......if you are pregnant, I agree that waiting is best, that's what we did and it did drive EVERYONE else NUTS! :) Congrats to you whatever it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amy--glad to see you today. I miss you and your blog :( I hope you are well and I'll be making my big announcement soon (but not too soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay.. I have to think that you're pg.. what better news could their be that's worth waiting for?! I'm getting excited thinking that's it.. so if it isn't tell us soon so I don't lose it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah...this is going to drive me crazy, Reagan!

    Hmmm...maybe your hubby surprised you with a cruise? I don't think you're pregnant because thats where everyone's mind will go, which makes me think that is not it.

    Maybe something with school ---They are just going to give you your PhD because you are doing so great & have really taught them more than they can ever teach you?

    or maybe...

    You're going to be on the Ellen Show? (please take me, I love her & never get to watch her since having kids!)

    Ah...just tell us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shelly--If I go on Ellen I promise to take you if you'll agree to do some sort of acrobatic/dance routine withe me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW--If UW wants to just "give" me my doctorate I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree to that! :) I'm sure that's going to be the surprise. I'm already planning my outfit & my moves!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)