Challenge your husband to an evening of cards and intrigue.
A week prior to his challenge, slip your husband the challenge with a new deck of cards.
Gambling, Tuxedos and Bond--James Bond. If you accept this challenge your card skills will be put to the test and mankind's most precious commodity will be wagered. If you are prepared to take this challenge, meet me _____date and time______. Dress Vegas style.
Before the Date:
Learn how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Google the rules, watch the video, etc. You might want to have your hot date do the same.
On Spy School Date Night:
- Set the scene--Put up a card table in your room or somewhere private in the house. Use your imagination to make the space as "gambling" themed as possible. Consider black and white linens, dim lighting, candles, jazz.
- Prepare some tapas and drinks (iced tea, wine).
- Have a deck of 52 cards.
- Have something to use for gambling chips/tokens (you can get chips or use pennies, sea shells, etc.).
- Get dressed to kill (even if you are staying in, consider a dress or low cut shirt.)
Need some Texas Hold 'Em tips? Check out this video!
You and your hubby take turns dealing and placing blind bets.
If you need more information or rules on how to play Texas Hold 'Em, click here.
Here are some card hands:
- Straight flush (the best straight flush hand: A-K-Q-J-T, all of the same suit)
- Four-of-a-kind (the best four-of-a-kind hand: A-A-A-A-K)
- Full house (the best full house hand: A-A-A-K-K)
- Flush (all cards of the same suit, the best flush hand: any Ace-high flush)
- Straight (the best straight hand: A-K-Q-J-T)
- Three-of-a-kind (the best three-of-a-kind hand: A-A-A-K-Q)
- Two-pair (the best two-pair hand: A-A-K-K-Q)
- One-pair (the best one-pair hand: A-A-K-Q-J)
- No-pair (the best high hand: A-K-Q-J-9)
If you've never played poker, take your time and just try it out. Have fun.
If you want to make your evening **really** spicy, bet clothing instead of minutes.
For our Casino Royal night, we had virgin margartinits (margarita mix with ginger ale in martini glasses) and tapas. Our tapas menu included:
- baked brie with green apples and crackers
- Rosemary bread with provolone and prosciutto (you only need 3 oz max of meat)
- Lemon-pepper asparagus
- Spicy-salted shrimp skewers (only use 1 tsp. of salt)
- cantaloupe, black berries, and green grapes
- marinated olives with feta cheese chunks
One of our Tapas plates. Mmmmmm!
Our simple decorations--cards, candles, and poker chips.