Monday, May 17, 2010

My New 'Do!

I'm totally NOT one of those women who is married to my hair.  I've experimented ... a lot (with hair, that is).  I've been known to chop of 13 inches of blond hair and end up with a nearly black bob.  Once I even dyed a portion of my hair construction cone orange (it was for my high school graduation.  My mom didn't find it funny).

Anyhow, whenever spring is nearing I itch for a new 'do.  This most likely stems from the fact that I do not like heat and my fine, uber thick hair is an incredible insulator. Ick.

I've got this great stylist Erin and she's totally game for hair do experiments (probably because by now she knows I won't melt down into a teary-eyed puddle of mush if a quarter inch of hair is cut off).  I went to visit Erin bright and early Saturday morning.  I looked like this:

Okay, honestly don't be too critical.  My friend Beth and I went to a late showing of Letters To Juliet (you'll be glad you saw it but won't want to own it) and I was up at 5:30ish.


Two hours later I left the trendy salon looking like this:

Super blond--super short (for me!).


And everyone knows the true test of a good hair do is whether or not you can style it yourself the next day.  

I totally nailed it!  P.S. My sister made me a necklace, earrings, and bracelet in the brown/black theme.  I'm wearing the earrings.  How awesome is that?!?!


So, a pretty bold move but I'm absolutely in love with my hair style.  It took less than a dime-sized amount of shampoo to wash it and I can blow it dry in under three minutes.  Ahhhhhhhh!

What about you?  Any summer 'do plans?  Something you'd love to do but don't have the guts to try?

12 comments:

  1. When I got my hair cut a few months ago, I was attempting to have this done: http://www.aaa-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/medium-hairstyle-for-hot1.jpg

    However, my hairstylist just gave me bangs and long layers. It totally lacked the shape of the above hairstyle because there was no razor action or other layers. I'm going to try again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a babe....oh wait can I say that on a mom blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah--Did you get in with Erin? I think she's amazing.

    @Anonymous--I assume you are my bed fellow. If that is true than flattery will get you dinner ... and then some. If that is NOT true. Sorry to insinuate anything and thanks for the compliment. You can call me hot anytime (but you won't be rewarded like my DH will be ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! It looks terrific on you! I am so itching to go lighter for summer. My hair is kind of a dirty blonde right now, but I seem to always want it blonder for summer. I have also never been too attached to my hair, it changes often...I like to try new styles!

    BTW- I also think you look pretty hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE it!! I think that shade of blonde and that short cut is perfect for your face. Not many women can pull that off.. lucky thang you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love it! Adorable! :)

    And I can't wait to see that movie. I'm a big sap and love movies like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for love, ladies (and Matt).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new do! I can honestly say I am probably the complete opposite of you when it comes to getting my hair done. I wore the same do for close to 20 years, yeah....I did. About 6 months ago, I had enough of it. Went to a stylist and told them to do whatever they wanted. I ended up donating 18 inches of hair to Locks of Love and I loved my new do. Of course, I can't style it the exact same way as she did, but I still love it!

    Now - I just need to get my nerve up to attempt coloring my hair. So much grey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina--20 years? 18 inches?!?! Wow! I did go thru a brief stint when my hair was really long that I was afraid of cutting it off. But I got over it--fast. My hair experience has shown that I can always re-dye a bad color and hair always grows back! That being said, some people can rock grey! You're probably one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reagan, you are adorable! All this time I thought you were a redhead, but I LOVE the blond on you. And I am always envious of a woman who can pull off a short sassy style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. Super cute and looks like it is maintenence free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Crazy Mom--I've been red, and brown, and blackish ---I can't actually remember my real hair color. :)

    @AmberRay--Thanks! It is soooooooooooooo much easier.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)