- 1 cup of soft butter
- 1 1/2 c. of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c. flour
- 2 t. cream of tartar
- 1 t. baking soda
- For the topping: 2 T sugar and 2 t. cinnamon
1. Wash your hands.
2. Beat eggs. Mix butter, 1 1/2 c. of sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and blend until no flour is left on the bottom of the bowl.
5. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top of cookies.
6. Roll dough into balls and toss in cinnamon/sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are puffy and golden on the edges.
8. Cool on a wire rack. Try to save some for the neighbors!