Happy May Day!
Soon the butterflies will be here (I keep telling myself that even though it is only supposed to be 40 degrees in WY today ...)! If you are having the not exactly spring or summer blues like I am, these little butterflies will help brighten your day. Even if they don't brighten your day, wouldn't these be cute to make and take to neighbors in celebration of May Day?
What you need:
- pipe cleaners (cut in half)
- coffee filters
- plates (paper or otherwise)
- paint brush
- fishing line
- Put a coffee filter on a plate.
- With your child, paint the coffee filters making sure to cover as much of the white part as possible.
- Fold the butterflies accordion style and secure with the pipe cleaner. Leave some of the pipe cleaner for antenna.
- Tie on some fishing line and hang from the ceiling.
For older children:
You can make some very vibrant butterflies by allowing older kids to spray or squirt paint or food coloring on to the plate and then swirl them around (This can stain though so be careful!).