Sunday, March 14, 2010

Travel Bug


The Improbable Housewifeposted this and I had to Amen it (and copy it!).  




I love travel (even though I lamented about DH traveling for work.  Really, I wouldn't complain if I was WITH him!)



Do you have any experience with this bug?




Symptoms include daydreaming of beaches, being without children, margaritas, and hiking boots.

My travel bug started young with parents who wanted to go everywhere in the US and Canada.  They took us on super fun trips all over and I loved it.  I luckily married a man who is equally interested in looking at the world.  Now if someone would just finance our passion ...

With the travel bug in mind, and remembering about past adventures, I have questions!  Don't you love questions?  Please join in the fun and let me get to know you better.  Comment away, blog away, whatever your fancy.  I want to read your answers, so let me know if you're stealing this for your blog so I can hop over there and read your answers.

The Questions
  1. Have you ever gone on a trip all by yourself and if so, where?
  2. How many states have you been to and which ones are on your list to go to that you haven't visited?
  3. How many countries have you been to?
  4. Where were you born, and do you still live there?
  5. How many states have you lived in and where?
  6. Would you take your children on an adventure vacation and where?
  7. I would describe my travel bug as...
  8. What was the best trip you ever took with friends?


My Answers:
1.  Have you ever gone on a trip all by yourself and if so, where?
      
     I really, really want to say yes to this but alas, I cannot.  Outside of a day trip to go shopping, I've never traveled alone.  I prefer to be in the company of friends or family.  If I go with a group of gals I can be the person "in charge" but I rest a lot easier if I'm not the leader.

2.  How many states have you been to and which ones are on your list to go to that you haven't visited?
  
     I've been to: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii.  I really want to spend more time in New England and I really would like to go visit all the old Civil War battle fields.  

3.  How many countries have you been to?
  
    I've been to: Mexico, Canada, Antigua, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, and the Czech Republic (which was my favorite).  India is my travel go-to dream!

4.  Where were you born, and do you still live there?


     I was born in Wyoming and I still live here (but not in the same town!).

5.  How many states have you lived in and where?
   
     I've only lived in Wyoming and Nevada.  Boo Hiss Vegas.  I'm a cold weather person!

6.  Would you take your children on an adventure vacation and where?


     When my children are old enough (which means they can walk longer distances by themselves) I want them to go EVERYWHERE with us.  It is important to me that we do mission work as a family.  If we are talking fun only vacations, then I want to take the kids to climb Kilimanjaro OR to scuba in the Great Barrier Reef (again, we are accepting donations to fund these trips)!

7.  I would describe my travel bug as...


     heavily symptomatic and disrupting normal eating and sleeping patterns.  Carefully, it's contagious.

8.  What was the best trip you ever took with friends?
  
     Off the bat I want to say my trip to Scottsdale, AZ with my family.  Tilted Kilt??  Anyhow, since the real purpose of this trip was taking my mom to the Mayo Clinic I probably can't use this answer.


Runner up--Spring Break in CanCun and the bus trip to La Isla Mujres (and if you don't get that, it's okay.  Only Megan and Melissa will understand and only they need to!)


Don't blog--leave me a comment with one or two of the answers.  I'd love to know!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the copy. :) I want to know about the bus trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Have you been around or what?! :)

    Sadly I can't answer most of these questions...haven't done a lot of traveling, but I would love to, as would my husband....someday!

    6. Would you take your children on an adventure vacation and where?

    I don't know how much of an adventure it would be, but I have always wanted to travel to Germany and visit the Death Camps there in Auschwitz. I know, I know...kind of a depressing vacation, but for some reason the stories of the holocaust made a huge impression on me as a kid and it just kind of stuck with me. I think there's lessons to be learned from what happened there.


    Other than that, I've always wanted to visit India as well. We actually have our bedroom decorated in an India theme. Our whole house is decorated in different cultural themes :) Korny? Lol! It makes for a fun decorating experience and our bedroom is quite romantic!

    I would also love to hear about the bus trip;)haha! And your other traveling experiences. That's amazing that you were able to travel so much as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy and Jessica--let's just say you don't take busses to islands and leave it at that.

    Amy--We did a tour of concentration camps and it was amazing--sobering but amazing.

    I like your idea of "themed" rooms in the house. You should post photos of your romantic India bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Reagan - Good ol' NC is FULL of old civil war places - AND we have some of the best beaches in the US(Ocracoke was named the number one beach in the US a few years ago)! Plus, we have some top notch basketball teams (Go Duke!). Heather and I would be more than happy to host you, Matt and the kids... :)

    BTW - thanks for the baby food instructions. i made some this past weekend. Hopefully Hamilton will eat it.

    -Christy

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)