Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Too Clean Tuesday--Microwave!

I really like the idea of a clean microwave but at my house, no one--myself included--remembers to cover plates before they get cooked.  Ergo, there is a random mix of crusty pasta sauce, splattered Cream of Wheat, and something else I haven't quite identified.

Shocking.  I know.

When I need to clean the microwave, I let microwave work for me--sort of like a self-cleaning oven.

Here's what to do:

Get a microwave safe bowl and fill it with equal parts of distilled white vinegar and water.
Put it in the microwave and get it cookin' to a rolling boil.
Wipe it out with a clean cloth.

You'll be amazed at the way crusty stuff gets loosened and odors disappear.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I've gotta try this. I HATE cleaning the microwave.. I put it off as long as I can. (so long in fact that husband usually cleans it! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with lemon juice. I will have to try this though too. Once again...thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks! I also HATE cleaning the microwave. I will be trying this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly--Lemon probably smells better than vinegar. Never thought to try it. Do you use fresh lemon or "canned"? I'll try it and report back.

    Mandy and Amy--good luck. I hate that job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same with but with some lemon as well-non acetone nailpolish also gets out stains including burnt popcorn!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)