Okay, this was my favorite date of recent memory!
There are Truth or Dare games on the market but they are a bit too much for me (too tacky, too dirty).
We made our own game.
Here's what you need:
- Put the kids to bed.
- Dress in comfy clothes.
- Make a comfy sitting area.
- Get 40 pieces of paper (20 for each), 2 pens, a hat, and a die
Here's how to play:
- Each person takes 20 sheets of paper and writes 10 truths and 10 dares (for a total of 20 truths and 20 dares).
- Scrunch up the papers and put them in a hat.
- Rather than picking truth or dare, roll a die. Even numbers are truths; odd numbers are dares. (FYI, I do this because I'd NEVER pick a dare! Ha ha!)
- Now take turns drawing out papers and doing what was on them/answering truths!
You can make this sexy and steamy or quirky and fun (which is more our style)!
Some of our dares included:
- rapping a Christmas carol or nursery rhyme
- Doing 5 naked jumping jacks
- Doing a 30 second dance routine
Some truths were:
- If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get, where would you put it, and why?
- Have you ever passed gas and blamed someone else?
- Would you rather lick a dogs tongue or kiss its bum?
This is meant to be fun. If there are issues in your marriage, this is NOT the time to address them (which is my way of saying--don't have truths that say things like: have you ever cheated on me?, etc.) Also, since you will draw the questions out of the hat, you might draw your own. Don't put anything in the hat you don't want to do/answer!