Friday, March 19, 2010

Date night In--Truth or Dare

Okay, this was my favorite date of recent memory!

There are Truth or Dare games on the market but they are a bit too much for me (too tacky, too dirty).

We made our own game.

Here's what you need:

  • Put the kids to bed. 
  • Dress in comfy clothes.  
  • Make a comfy sitting area.
  • Get 40 pieces of paper (20 for each), 2 pens, a hat, and a die
Here's how to play:

  1. Each person takes 20 sheets of paper and writes 10 truths and 10 dares (for a total of 20 truths and 20 dares).
  2. Scrunch up the papers and put them in a hat.
  3. Rather than picking truth or dare, roll a die. Even numbers are truths; odd numbers are dares. (FYI, I do this because I'd NEVER pick a dare!  Ha ha!)
  4. Now take turns drawing out papers and doing what was on them/answering truths!



You can make this sexy and steamy or quirky and fun (which is more our style)!

Some of our dares included:

  • rapping a Christmas carol or nursery rhyme
  • Doing 5 naked jumping jacks
  • Doing a 30 second dance routine


Some truths were:

  • If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get, where would you put it, and why?
  • Have you ever passed gas and blamed someone else?
  • Would you rather lick a dogs tongue or kiss its bum?
WARNING
This is meant to be fun. If there are issues in your marriage, this is NOT the time to address them (which is my way of saying--don't have truths that say things like: have you ever cheated on me?, etc.)  Also, since you will draw the questions out of the hat, you might draw your own.  Don't put anything in the hat you don't want to do/answer!

7 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Ah dates,,,,I think I remember what those are. It's been a really long time since I've been on one.

    I have to laugh cause the "do 5 naked jumping jacks" scared me :) yikes!

    btw, I have the desk organized. I sent you an email, but don't know if you received it. You can see the new and improved area here: http://justshortofcrazy.blogspot.com/2010/03/finally-organized.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb--It was a blast. 5 naked jumping jacks were scary (luckily my husband had to do them! Ha ha!).

    I did get your e-mail--sorry I haven't replied yet. It looks soooo great! Are you pleased with the results?

    Bins and containers do get pricey so it is good to save or find alternatives (like cheap plastic shoe boxes or paper wrapped cardboard boxes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!

    LOL @ the naked jumping jacks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell--The naked jumping jacks were a sight to see. Although I should probably mention they weren't totally naked (my husband had to wear a Santa hat!). It was too funny. This was my second favorite date EVER (the first was a trip to an auction--random but great!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Santa hat makes it even funnier. I think this is a great idea especially when you dont want to spend a lot of money. I think its also a fun way to strengthen your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an award for you http://justshortofcrazy.blogspot.com/2010/03/hey-hey-bogie.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW--Matt is absolutely mortified that I 1) Admitted that naked jumping jacks were part of the date and 2). Ratted out that HE had to do them in a Santa hat.

    :o)

    It's my blog and I'll dish if I want to!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)