Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Too Clean Tuesday--Cat Litter

I've had the Notorious C.A.T. (aka Nattie) for 15 years, which explains her name (okay, for you *really* young ones, she is named after the Notorious B.I.G. who was in the prime of his career in 1995).  She's a great little calico.  Unfortunately, she doesn't like my husband and the feeling is mutual.  On the bright side, I'm pretty sure my husbands intense dislike for her and her intense desire to absolutely irritate him will equal a long, healthy life for her.  I'm betting she'll live to be 22.  

I'd insert a photo of her right now but she's camera shy.  (That's code for "I still can't find the USB cord and apparently Nikon doesn't make extra ones).

I digress.

After 15 years of cat litter changing, minus 18 months of pregnancy when Matt took over, I consider myself an expert.  So how can you keep a box of tinkle and pooh smelling like it isn't a box of tinkle and pooh?

Easy.  Mix baby powder in with the litter.  Works every time.

On the downside, I've read that baby powder really isn't good for babies so maybe it isn't good for cats.  I'm willing to risk it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a cat, but I DO have a baby-- and I'd also read that baby powder isn't good for their little lungs. What an odd little oxymoron, huh?

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)