My parents and my sister's family fishing in Alaska!
- halibut filet
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 5-6 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T parsley
- 2 t basil
- 1/2 t Kosher salt
- 2 t pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in ziploc bag and mix well.
- Add filet and coat.
- Marinade at least 1 hour (I do it all day)
- Bake, grill, or boil until fish goes from opaque to white and flakes (but isn't dry).
**You can OAMC this meal. Make the marinade, pour over fish, and freeze.**Some tips:
- Use fresh herbs and lemon. It really makes a difference!
- Don't overcook the fish.
- To get the most juice out of a lemon/lime do the following:
- Put the fruit on the counter and put your hand over it.
- Roll the fruit around pressing with your hand.
- Now pop the fruit in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Cut and juice!