Saturday, February 27, 2010

Garlic Herb Halibut

This is my favorite way to cook my favorite fish!


My parents and my sister's family fishing in Alaska!

Ingredients:

  • halibut filet
  • 1/2 c. olive oil
  • 5-6 minced cloves of garlic
  • 2 T fresh lemon juice 
  • 2 T parsley
  • 2 t basil
  • 1/2 t Kosher salt
  • 2 t pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in ziploc bag and mix well.
  2. Add filet and coat.
  3. Marinade at least 1 hour (I do it all day)
  4. Bake, grill, or boil until fish goes from opaque to white and flakes (but isn't dry).
**You can OAMC this meal.  Make the marinade, pour over fish, and freeze.**
Some tips:

  • Use fresh herbs and lemon.  It really makes a difference!
  • Don't overcook the fish.
  • To get the most juice out of a lemon/lime do the following:
      • Put the fruit on the counter and put your hand over it.  
      • Roll the fruit around pressing with your hand.
      • Now pop the fruit in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
      • Cut and juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)