Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things I Love--Mary Kay Make-Up

Don't worry--I'm not trying to sell you anything and you are not being invited to a party.

I just have to say that I have not always had the best skin.  And to cover up for my imperfections I've tried various brands of make-up and facial cleansers--Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, Swiss Ivy, Sephora, Clinique ... the list goes on and on.  I figure that if I could have back all the money I've spent on dermatologists and products in the name of getting vibrant healthy skin, I'd probably be able to afford to take Matt on a little romantic getaway to Cozumel (any excuse to dive and see his pecs!).  

A few years ago a friend suggested I try Mary Kay.  I'd always thought it was a gimmick but decided to at least try it when she offered me product at wholesale pricing.  I started with the Miracle Set plus some acne treatment gel. All I can say is HALLELUJAH!  My skin tone is even, my skin looks bright, and I rarely get adult zits (fewer than 3 a year--down from 3 a month!).  Don't even get me started on the fact that I'm not even in the early stages of crow's feet!

Now my vanity drawer looks like a Mary Kay saleswoman vomited pink and black product everywhere.  I use the foundation, the eyeshadow, the lipgloss, the microdermabrasion ... and I love it all.  

If you have skin product you love then you can relate to how great I feel when I put on my Mary Kay.  

My routine:
  • Wash with the 3-in-1 face wash.
  • Put 1/4 inch of acne treatment gel on my pointer finger.  Rub together and slather all over my face (I only do this once a day.  If you have bad acne or super oily skin you can do it morning and night).
  • Put on Day or Night Serum.
  • Mix dab of face lotion with dab of liquid foundation (morning only) and rub into skin.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Reagan! I've been meaning to come by, say hello and thank you for stopping by my blog. Much appreciated! I use to use Mary Kay a while back and even tried my hand at being a consultant. I loved their products but it's been a while since I used them. I should try it again one of these days!
    Blessings,
    Alely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alely,

    Thank YOU for stopping by. And I'd definitely suggest giving it a try again if you are in the market. Everyone has different skin types and MK totally works for me. I don't want to sell it but I always recommend it :)

    Grace and peace to you,
    R

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)