Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sugar Scrub

Since I have young children I wash my hands ALL the time which leaves them looking dry and cracked (and I'm sure the WY weather doesn't help).

To bring your hands back to life make this sugar scrub and keep it near the kitchen sink. Once a day (say after the dinner dishes), put a glob on your hands, rub together for 30 seconds and rinse.

Dreamy!

Here's what you'll need:

1/8 c. granulated sugar
1/8 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon (optional)
Olive oil
Container with sealable lid

In a bowl mix sugars and cinnamon.
Add in oil slowly until it is well mixed and a bit of oil starts to rise to the top.
Put in container with lid.
Use as needed.

(This smells so good you'll want to eat it. And technically you can though I don't recommend it.)

**Some people will make larger amounts and keep it in the fridge so it doesn't go bad. I prefer smaller amounts so I can keep it out and handy without it going bad. If it starts to smell bad, it is!**

BE CAREFUL IF YOU USE SUGAR SCRUBS IN THE TUB--THEY MAKE TUBS VERY SLIPPERY!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I have never done THIS recipe but have added white sugar to a Mary Kay branded night cream. What a difference the sugar made. I am doing this. Thanks girl! (I am Terra's mom!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra's Mom--It's been years. I learned to make this recipe at MOPs and LOVE it. I prefer to make small batches so it doesn't go bad. I hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)