Friday, January 15, 2010

Spy School #4

Unagi

Yes, this is a type of sushi and yes, this is from "Friends."

In today's challenge you and your husband will test your awareness skills together.

You will need:
A chair that can be moved about easily (think dinner table chair, not La-Z-Boy)
Blindfold
Something to produce light background noise (humidifier, radio, TV)
dim lighting

Goal
The goal of this challenge is to use your senses, besides your sight, to recognize someone else's proximity to you.

How You'll Test Your Unagi
1.  Explain how the game works (numbers 2-9).
2.  Have your husband move the chair to the location of his choice.
3.  Have him sit down and blindfold him.
4.  Your blindfolded husband will count to 10 aloud.
5.  As he counts, you will position yourself around him--near or far, it's your call.
6.  After he says 10 you will try to get as close to him as possible.  Your goal is to kiss him somewhere on the head (preferably the lips) before he shouts UNAGI!
7.  His goal, of course, is to recognize where you are and shout UNAGI before you have a chance to get him.
8.  If you kiss him, you win the round.  If he shouts UNAGI and you are within an arms reach, you lose the round.  However, if he shouts Unagi and you are further away than an arms length, you win.
9.  Switch roles and let him try to trick you.

The winner of the game gets a back rub (an example--feel free to wager a week of dishes, diaper duty, grocery shopping, etc.).

E-mail or text your husband the following challenge:

The Challenge

Unagi--you either have it or you don't.  Do you have it?  Your mission, should you choose to accept it begins tonight at _______TIME_____.

Dress comfortably.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea. My wife and I tried it and we had a blast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and your wife enjoyed it. Who had better Unagi? My husband just knew he was more aware but in the end, the Unagi was with me :) Ha ha.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so fun. We laughed so hard. My sister was over and she watched us and thought it was so great. Turns out my husband is pretty sneaky. He would try and trick me by using one leg stretched out walking towards me so I would think he was in front of me but really he would come in from the side and quickly kiss me.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)