Thursday, January 21, 2010

Date night In--Movie Game

If you've been to college or know someone who has been to college then I'm sure you are aware of a drinking game where you have to drink every time you use the "taboo" word.  This date night is a alcohol-free take on that game.

What you'll need:
A movie
Snacks--popcorn, something to drink
Bowl
pens
mini-note pad or strips of paper

What to do:
You and your husband will each write silly actions you can do quickly on pieces of paper (kiss my cheek, pick your nose, shake your bum, give me a high five, make a tooting noise with your mouth, tell me you love me, scratch my back, use "fo' shizzle" in a sentence, etc.).  I suggest 10-20 ideas each.

Now pick a frequently used word (but not too frequently used word--avoid "the").  Something like: love, what?, happy, etc.  You might want to think in advance about a word that might be in the movie a lot (if you want a holiday show, for example, you can expect Christmas or happy to be used often).

Turn on the movie and enjoy the show but listen for your word.  Every time you hear your buzz word both you and your date draw a paper out of the bowl and do what it says.  If you run out of papers you can pause and make more OR just finish the movie.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! This is a great way to watch an old movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of fun doing this at Christmas. We watched Love Actually and drew cards every time LOVE was said!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)