- 1 lb. ziti or rotini pasta slightly undercooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and chopped (turkey sausage works well)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta a minute or two less than directed.
- Mix ricotta, egg, parsley, 1 1/2 cup mozarella, and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Mix cooked sausage and pasta in with ricotta mixture.
- Mix in 3/4 jar of sauce.
- Transfter into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with rest of sauce and mozarella.
- Bake for 30-35 min, or until hot & bubbly.
- To freeze: Cover dish with foil and freeze. When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired. To heat: Thaw and preheat oven to 350°F Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more