Monday, January 11, 2010

Alicia's Enchiladas in White Sauce


Beef & Cheese Enchiladas w/ White Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 can water
8 oz sour cream
green chiles (optional)
1 pkg flour tortillas
cheddar cheese
Brown beef and mix in taco seasoning as directed on package.
In a sauce pan warm soup, water, sour cream and chiles.  
Spoon thin layer of soup mixture in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish
Fill tortillas with meat and top with cheese.  
Roll and place seam side down in baking dish.
Pour white sauce over tortillas.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.
P.S.  This recipe works well with chicken (diced or shredded) also.

Small family?  Put the enchiladas in 2 8x8 square pans.  Eat one tonight and pop the rest in the freezer to eat at a later date!

3 comments:

  1. This is, by far, one of my kids favorite. Even my picky child ate it and LOVED it. Thanks for the recipe, RJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually have to thank Alicia since it's her recipe. I love to OAMC this. Next time you make this, make 2 batches and freeze one in a 9x13 aluminum foil pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alicia. It was absolutely divine. Any yes, RJ, the next time I will make a double batch but I only had ingredients for one and was NOT about to run to wal-mart again for the second time that day.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)